- Before requesting to sit for an examination, you must have made the complete payment for Certification.
- You must have taken at least one CIN certification training.
- A laptop or desktop computer with a functioning webcam, speaker, and microphone. Tablet (i.e., iPad, Surface) or mobile devices are not allowed.
- Run system test: Be sure to run all your tests on the same network and computer you will use on the exam day.
- You should have a reliable internet connection (At least 1Mbps Download/Upload speed). Use this link https://www.speedtest.net/ or https://fast.com/ to test your internet speed. It is not advisable to use your mobile phone to tether as incoming calls may disconnect your network. If you must use your mobile phone hotspot, make sure you create a call forwarder. It is advisable to have two different internet connections on standby.
- CIN uses the Zoom platform to proctor. Click Here to test zoom with your system
- A private, secure space with a door and desk cleared. No third party is allowed in the room for the duration of your exam session.
- On requesting to sit for the CIN exam, an email will be sent to you containing all the necessary information to access the exam portal. Take the computer-based test (CBT) sample questions. This will show you how the exam platform works.
On Exam Day / Starting the Exam:
- Click on the link that will be sent to you via email to join “Examination” on zoom.
- Once you are allowed in, click on “Join with Computer Audio.”
- You will be asked to use your computer camera to show a 360-degree view of your examination room.
- Share your screen by pressing Alt + S on your keyboard or use the share screen button located at the bottom on zoom to share your screen.
- Go to “more” (located at the top, on zoom window), from the drop-down menu, click on “Hide Video Panel”.
- Open your browser and log in to: https://www.complianceinstitute.org.ng/elearning/login/index.php
- You will be automatically redirected to the course overview dashboard where you will see “Designate Compliance Professional (DCP)”.
- Click “Designate Compliance Professional (DCP)” and scroll down to click on “Certification Examination” to begin your exam. Your invigilator will provide any other information needed.
- Though your microphone is on, talking is not allowed during the examination
- Use the “Chat” feature to ask invigilators (host/co-host) questions. Press Alt + H on your keyboard to open chat or go to “more” (located at the top, on zoom window). From the drop-down menu, click on “Chat”.
- If there is an issue during exam delivery, you can use the chat button in the zoom window to request assistance.
- If you have issues connecting to zoom, kindly contact the secretariat on +234 906 702 6218 or through firstname.lastname@example.org
- DCP exam takes approximately 3 hours. Once the online exam is launched, no breaks are allowed as you are not permitted to leave the view of the web camera.
- If you get disconnected from the internet, inadvertently close your exam, or something similar that drops the connection, log back in following the same procedure earlier stated, and you will be prompted to continue the last attempt. You must resume the test on the same workstation and cannot move to a new computer.
- To submit the examination, click on “Finish attempt” at the bottom of the exam navigation panel and follow the prompts to see your result. 75% (90/120) is the pass mark. Also, once you have exhausted the 3 hours given, your exam will be automatically submitted, and your result will be displayed.
In addition, the following rules apply.
- You must be alone in your room.
- Your examination area should be free from noise. Except for zoom, any other sound should be turned off or removed from the area for the duration of the exam.
- Clear desk and area where you’re taking your exam (including around and below desk/table). The following items are not allowed within arm’s reach: books, note pads, Post-it notes, typed notes/papers, or writing instruments. All objects not necessary for your exam session should be placed out of arm’s reach. Note-taking materials are not allowed.
- Please make sure your computer is plugged in (not only running on battery).
- No phones, headphones, and/or earbuds.
- No dual monitors. Only one monitor is allowed while taking your exam.
- No leaving your seat.
- Your face should be visible at all times.
- Though your microphone is on, talking is not allowed during the examination.
- Webcam, speakers, and microphones must remain on throughout the exam.
- To assure the integrity of the exam and your credential, the following are prohibited: Electronic devices, including cell phones, cameras, recording devices, PDAs, calculators and pagers, Wallets and Purses, Watches, Study materials, books, notes, scratch paper, etc. Pens, pencils, highlighters and other writing instruments. The time remaining in the exam session will be displayed on your computer screen.
- Candidates who fail to adhere to these rules are subject to disciplinary action, which could lead to dismissal from the exam, invalidation of the exam or disqualification from future exams.
- Candidates disqualified for violating examination rules will pay the examination fee again if allowed to resit.
- Candidates who undertake examination agree that they will not copy, reproduce, adapt, disclose or transmit examination, in whole or in part, before or after taking an examination, by any means now known or hereafter invented. They further agree that they will not reconstruct examination content from memory, by dictation, or by any other means or otherwise discuss examination content with others. Candidates further acknowledge that disclosure or any other use of CIN examination content constitutes professional misconduct and may result in CIN’s imposition of penalties against them, including but not limited to invalidation of examination results, exclusion from future examination, suspension or revocation of CIN membership and other action as deemed appropriate by CIN.
Examination Date & Time:
- Examination days are every Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Examination for this year ends on the 28th of October 2021.
- The examination starts at 10:00 a.m. You will be rescheduled on failing to join by 10:00 a.m.
- Click Here to request to sit for an examination. Your request should be sent at least 5 working days before the examination date.