Certification and General Requirements:
The general requirement for earning the certification of the Institute is a minimum of Bachelor’s degree/Higher National Diploma from recognised and accredited Institutions.
Where sitting for the examination of the Institute applies, the pass grade shall be a minimum of seventy (75) percent. Note that resit attracts another examination fee.
Examination is flexible; Click Here to learn more.
Designate Compliance Professional – DCP
A candidate shall qualify for the award of the Designate Compliance Professional of Compliance Institute, Nigeria and shall be free to use the designation “DCP” (i.e. Designate Compliance Professional) if:
- Such candidate is without compliance experience or has less than 5 years cognate experience in the field of compliance but has passed the required examination of the institute.
- Designates are required to earn at least 20 MCPE points per annum to maintain their professional qualification annually. (see the Mandatory Continued Professional Education section)
Fellow Compliance Institute, Nigeria – FCIN
Candidate shall qualify for the award of the Fellow of the Compliance Institute, Nigeria and shall be free to use the designation “FCIN” (i.e. Fellow of the Compliance Institute, Nigeria) if such candidate is:
- An individual member of the board of trustee of the Institute
- A pioneer Board member of the Institute
- A candidate with more than 10years cognate experience in the field of compliance gained from Financial Institutions, Designated Non-Financial Institutions or any other sector where compliance is practiced and/or functioning at a capacity not below the level of departmental head within compliance unit/department in his/her organization.
- Candidate who has passed the required examination of the institute in addition to condition stated in bullet point (3) above.
- Candidate who applied to the Board of the Institute for the conferment of the fellowship status in addition to the conditions in bullet point (3) above.
- Fellows are required to earn at least 20 MCPE points per annum to maintain their Fellowship annually.