INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCIES FOR THE POSITIONS OF:
Compliance Institute, Nigeria (CIN) is a pioneer professional membership – based Institution. It is the only Compliance Institute in West Africa and second in Africa only to the South Africa’s Compliance Institute of Southern Africa. Founded in 2015 as Compliance Institute for Banks and Other Financial Institutes in Nigeria, the Institute commenced operations in 2017 and in less than one year has inducted over 700 compliance professionals. The Institute currently has about 900 registered members.
We have a mandate to develop standards for practice of the Compliance profession and regulate its professional practice through stipulated licensing regime upon obtaining our Charter. Also, the Institute caters for the welfare and professional development of its members.
In the last one year, the Institute has undergone significant transformation led by its pioneer President-in-Council and its Executive team. Under the present leadership team, the Institute has recorded exponential growth in membership and improved its brand visibility becoming attractive for young people to take-up careers in the compliance profession.
The Institute is desirous to hire a strong leader and the face of the CIN to fill the vacant position of CEO/Registrar and other key staff as stated below:
2. INFORMATION/DATA MANAGER
3. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
1. Job Title: CEO/Registrar
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Key Roles and Responsibilities: The post of the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer of CIN will become vacant by 31st March 2018. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position of Registrar/CEO of Compliance Institute, Nigeria. CIN is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated person who has the capability, energy and drive to lead the transformation of the Association to a world class professional compliance organization and to the highest leadership position in Africa.
The candidate shall have maturity, experience and a down to earth attitude necessary to provide excellent leadership. CIN is keen to fill the position with an individual who has excellent people skills, solid all round business acumen, and proven institutional development testimony. The successful candidate will also have strong administrative and digital skills with computer systems proficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Amongst others, the CEO/Registrar will:
1. Enhance the Institute’s advocacy role and stakeholder engagement across all tiers of the economy
2. Oversee development and widespread dissemination of regulations for the practice of the profession, and enforcement of licensing regime.
3. Direct strategic initiatives to integrate the Institute’s professional curriculum with those of tertiary institutions to meet requirements for the study of the compliance profession and formal accreditation by Nigeria University Commission.
4. Drive execution of the Institute’s strategic and operational plans, and direct daily administrative tasks of the Secretariat to achieve the Institute’s goals.
5. Ensure implementation of all policies, plans and decisions of the Council, Executive team and various Committees of the Council of the Institute.
6. The main objective of the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer is to provide leadership and coordinate all activities of CIN in accordance with its enabling Law, Regulations and Rules, and its Strategic Plan, as well as implementing decisions of the Governing Council of CIN.
7. The Registrar is the Chief Executive Officer of CIN, and is directly responsible to the Governing Council for the day to day management of the affairs of the Institute.
8. The Registrar is also the Secretary to Governing Council of the Institute.
9. The Registrar is to lead the overall growth and development of the Institute, which involve key activities such as:
• Digitalization of Operations
• Strategy Development, Planning and Reporting
• Relationship Management
• Operational Management
• Human Resources and Leadership
• Compliance with statutory requirements with clear understanding of Regulatory, Government and Industry Processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate for the post of Registrar/CEO is required to possess:
1. A suitable candidate must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university and a Masters Degree in any Social Sciences including Accounting, Economics, etc. or relevant disciplines from a recognized university;
2. An evidence of active membership of CIN or any reputable professional institute anywhere in the world for at least 3 years or full or active membership of a compliance-related Professional Institute or Business Membership Organization for at least 5 years will be added advantage.
3. The individual must have a minimum of 10 years’ cognate working experience in administrative, general or operational management roles with demonstrable capability in engaging diverse stakeholders, leading teams and delivering results.
4. The individual must have at least 5 years managerial experience at top management level in the private sector of the economy in Compliance, Internal Audit, Internal Control, Risk Management, Legal and General Administration). Persons serving in a similar position in a recognized professional Institute will be added advantage;
5. A high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations;
6. A demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership drive in previous positions; in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skill;
7. Strong leadership qualities, immense professional and industry knowledge as well as contacts.
8. A considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and judgement on management matters with outstanding experience at top management level;
9. A capacity to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people;
10. A capacity to understand the complexity of the compliance professional system and must be able to effectively utilize CIN human resources to attain a world class status;
11. An excellent physical and mental health
12. Must be ICT compliant.
Applicant must not be more than 40 years old as at the date of assumption of duty on 1st April, 2018.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The post of the Registrar/CEO is a full-time position and tenure based. The successful candidate shall hold the office for a term of four (4) years in the first instance, renewable on successful accomplishment of agreed goals, based on thorough performance assessment. CIN offers attractive and competitive package in accordance with its conditions of service to the successful candidate.
2. Job Title: Information / Data Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
1. Training and Research assistant
2. Website Management/Search Engine Optimization
3. Social Media/Mobile Marketing
1. Coordinating the general operations of the Institute
2. Developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
3. Developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to the organisation’s website by achieving high-ranking placements in search results
4. Assist in conducting research, as well as organizing training programs
5. Provide support to users on software and hardware applications in the organisation
6. Research new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums
7. Developing an organisation’s multi-channel communication strategies.
8. Design website banners and assist with web visuals
9. Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
10. Contribute to organisation’s blogs and manage e-communications
11. Keep up to date with current digital trends
12. Manage the contact database and assist with lead generation activities
13. Liaise with trainers from other companies, professional training group members, and consultants by phone, in person, or through correspondence.
14. Contacts attendees and representatives of other organization about training program.
15. Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the CEO/Registrar
This area of work is open to all graduates; however the following subjects may be particularly useful:
Minimum of first degree or HND in Numerical Sciences in any of these disciplines.
• Business and technology
• Creative design
If you do not have a related first degree, you may be required to demonstrate a genuine interest in social media marketing, with evidence of a strong personal online profile, e.g. Website or connections and interactions on various social media platforms.
• Communication skills
• Excellent IT skills.
• System Engineering/Maintenance
• Software Installation
• Graphic Design and Printing
• Computer Training and Consulting
• Computer Networking
• General I.T Skills
• Web Content Management
• Organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work
• Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
• Networking and analytical skills
• Knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Applicant must not be more than 30 years old as at the date of assumption of duty on 1st April, 2018.
3. Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
We are looking for an Administrative Officer to join our team and support our daily office procedures.
A successful Administrative Officer will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include managing office stock, preparing regular reports (e.g. expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records. If you have previous experience as an Office Administrator or similar administrative role, we’d like to meet you. Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment and office management tools.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
• Manage office supplies stock and place orders
• Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets
• Maintain and update company databases
• Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
• Answer queries by employees and clients
• Update office policies as needed
• Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments
• Book meeting rooms as required
• Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
• Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
• Arrange travel and accommodations
• Schedule in-house and external events
• Handle Banking matters
• Candidates for the position of an Administrative Officer should possess a good first degree not below Second Class Lower division from a recognized University with credit pass in English Language at the SSCE plus at least 2 years post-qualification experience in the University system or comparable higher educational or professional institution
• 2 years Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role
• Solid knowledge of office procedures
• Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
• Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• High school diploma; additional qualifications in Office Administration are a plus
The CV should contain the following information in the order listed below:
The first half to 3/4 page should contain a summary of your profile
• Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
• Post Applied for.
• Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
• State of Origin, and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
• Contact Details (Home Address, Postal Address/E-mail address(es)/ Mobile Phone Numbers).
• Marital Status.
• Number of Children and their Ages.
• Next of Kin
• Contact Details of next of Kin (Home Address, Postal Address/E-mail address(es)/ Mobile Phone Numbers).
• Institutions attended with dates.
• Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
• Work Experience with dates.
• Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
• Conference/courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
• Professional accomplishment
• Publications with date.
• Service to national and international bodies.
• Extra-Curricular Activities.
• Any physical challenge?
• Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidate’s academic/work experience.
• Managing office supplies stock and placing orders
• Preparing regular financial and administrative reports
• Administration of company databases
All candidates are advised to request their referees (3) to forward confidential reports on them directly to the President/Chairman of council. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”. If sent by post, envelopes should be marked at the back top left hand corner with: name of applicant, department and position of the application to:
Applicant must not be more than 26 years old as at the date of assumption of duty on 1st April, 2018.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates’ application letter supported by a curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, full postal address, telephone number(s), e-mail address, and names of two contactable referees should reach the undersigned on or before 21th March 2018, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, candidates should send hard copies, under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF REGISTRAR/CEO” on top right corner and addressed to: The President/Chairman of Council, Compliance Institute, Nigeria, Bankers House, Adeola Hopewell Street Victoria Island , Lagos, Nigeria.
Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on the candidate’s character, professional and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope addressed to: The President/Chairman of Council, Compliance Institute, Nigeria, Investment House No. 1 Broad Street, Lagos, Nigeria.
This must reach the undersigned not later than 21th March, 2018.
Pattison Boleigha, FCIN, FCA, CAMS, CGIET, CRMA, ACIT, HCIB.
President and Chairman of Governing Council