LAGOS CIN-CNAS WORKSHOP
August 21 @ 8:00 am - 5:15 pm
The workshop will provide practical advice for participants on sanctions compliance and counter proliferation-finance and would cover key aspects of North Korea sanctions and counter-proliferation finance measures, including:
- Overview of United Nations Security Council Resolutions and other relevant international-level sanctions on North Korea, including FATF recommendations on countering proliferation-finance.
- Presentation on North Korean business activities in Africa and typologies of North Korean sanctions evasion tactics.
- Presentation on “foundations of effective sanctions compliance” relevant across sanctions programs.
- Presentation on using publicly-available information in sanctions compliance and
The workshop will also include breakout sessions focused on specific case studies.
Course Contents: –
- Foundations of Effective Sanctions Compliance
- Overview of international sanctions on North Korea and counter proliferation finance rules.
- CIN Chapter Launch and ACAMS Certification Partnership awareness
- North Korean business activities in Africa and typologies of North Korean evasion tactics.
- Sources of publicly available information for sanctions compliance.
Program of Event
8:00 a.m.- 08:30 a.m.: Registration and Opening
8:30 a.m.- 08:45 a.m.: Introduction and Agenda Settling
8:45 a.m.- 10:00 a.m.: Session 1: Presentation on Foundations of Effective Sanctions Compliance.
10:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Coffee/Tea Break
10:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.: Session 2: Overview of international sanctions on North Korea and counter proliferation – finance rules.
11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.: CIN Chapter Launch and ACAMS Certification Partnership awareness
12:45 p.m.- 1:45 p.m.: Lunch/Networking
01:45 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.: Break-out sessions
02:30 p.m.- 3:45 p.m: Session 3: North Korean business activities in Africa and typologies of North Korean evasion tactics.
03:45 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.: coffee/Tea Break
04:00 p.m.- 4:45 p.m.: Session 4: Sources of publicly available information for sanctions compliance.
04:45 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.: Final Q&A
05:00 p.m.- 5:15 p.m.: Closing Ceremony and Audience Survey